The term of office of 02 members of the Andhra Pradesh Legislative Council from Teachers Constituencies and 02 members of the Telangana Legislative Council from Graduates’ Constituencies is expiring on 29thMarch, 2021due to the retirement of the sitting members as detailed below: –
|Sl. No.||Name of Constituency||Name of the Member||Date of retirement|
|1||East-West Godavari Teachers’||Ramu Surya Rao (R.S.R. Master)||
|2||Krishna-Guntur Teachers’||A. S. Ramakrishna|
|1||Mahabubnagar-Ranga Reddy-Hyderabad Graduates’||Ramachandra Rao N||
|Dr. Palla Rajeshwar Reddy|
- The Commission has now decided that above mentioned biennial election to the Andhra Pradesh State Legislative Council from Teachers Constituencies and Telangana State Legislative Council from Graduates’ Constituencies, be held in accordance with the following programme: –
|Issue of Notification||16th February, 2021 (Tuesday)|
|Last date of making nominations||23rd February, 2021 (Tuesday)|
|Scrutiny of nominations||24th February, 2021 (Wednesday)|
|Last date for withdrawal of candidature||26th February, 2021 (Friday)|
|Date of Poll||14thMarch, 2021 (Sunday)|
|Hours of Poll||08:00 am to 04:00 pm|
|Counting of votes||17th March, 2021 (Wednesday)|
|Date before which election shall be completed||22ndMarch, 2021 (Monday)|
- The Model Code of Conduct concerning these elections will come into force with immediate effect in the concerned Constituencies. Please see the details on Commission’s website under the link: https://eci.gov.in/files/file/4070-biennial-bye-elections-to-the-legislative-councils-from-council-constituencies-by-graduates%E2%80%99-and-teachers%E2%80%99-and-local-authorities%E2%80%99-constituencies-%E2%80%93-mcc-instructions-%E2%80%93-regarding/
- Broad Guidelines to be followed during entire election processes for all persons: –
- Every person shall wear face mask during every election related activity
- At the entry of hall/ room/ premises used for election purposes:
- (a) Thermal Scanning of all persons shall be carried out:
- (b) Sanitizer shall be made available at all locations
- Social distancing shall be maintained as per the extant COVID-19 guidelines of the State Govt. and Ministry of Home Affairs.
- As far as practicable, large halls shall be identified and utilized to ensure social distancing norms.
- Adequate number of vehicles shall be mobilized for movement of polling personnel, security personnel to ensure compliance of COVID-19 guidelines.
- For broad guidelines to be followed strictly in conduct of election during COVID-19, please refer to the guidelines available on Commission’s website under link:- https://eci.gov.in/files/file/12167-broad-guidelines-for-conduct-of-general-electionbye-election-during-covid-19/.